Arcon Housing Association, Housing Officer, Salford Quays, £37,473, Fixed-Term Contract (Maternity Cover - up to 12-months)
Working pattern – Monday to Friday, Hybrid working pattern, flexible and agile working
About the role:
We are looking for a Housing Officer to join our Housing Team on a fixed-term contract to cover for a maternity leave post. We offer a salary of £37,473, based on a 35-hour contract working Monday to Friday. This is a hybrid role, working from home, our office and out in the community helping customers with issues affecting them. You will manage your own diary, ensuring key actions are taken in a timely manner with customer experience at the forefront.
General Purpose of the role:
At Arcon Housing Association we know that a home is more than just bricks and mortar, so our aim is to provide safe and secure homes for all our customers. We do this by putting customers at the heart of everything we do, going the extra mile to achieve outcomes that positively impact their lives.
As a Housing Officer you will use your skills and knowledge to help solve complex housing matters including safeguarding, risk management, anti-social behaviour and rent arrears across our patch of properties dispersed across Greater Manchester and Cheshire. You will build strong relationships with our customers, managing tenancies from start to end with a focus on sustainment and support. You will be an excellent communicator, with the ability to work in partnership with other agencies to encourage great customer outcomes.
We are seeking someone who is passionate about helping to make a difference to people’s lives, someone who takes accountability and ownership over their patch whilst working collaboratively with colleagues to deliver excellent services. We require someone who is experienced in Housing and has ideally held an equivalent or similar role.
Skills required for the role:
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience of delivering a customer focused service preferably in the social housing sector (essential)
- Hold a relevant housing related qualification or be studying towards one (desirable)
- A self-motivator who can organise their work to cover a caseload of varying demands
- Strong communication and relationship building with customers, colleagues and partners
- Prior experience delivering high quality housing management services
- Working knowledge of relevant regulations, legislation and good practise
- An effective problem solver and risk assessor
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to work proactively in a high demand environment
- Good IT skills, proficient in Microsoft office, and an understanding of Housing Management systems
- A full UK driving licence
What we will offer you:
- Fixed-Term Contract (Maternity Cover - up to 12-months)
- 35 hour working week
- 28 days holiday including a ‘Birthday holiday’ + Bank holidays
- Hybrid working pattern
- Excellent employer pension contribution
- Health and Wellbeing package
- Benefits package
- Learning and Development opportunities
If you are interested in this role, please send your CV and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org for immediate consideration.
Shortlisting and interviews will be held from week commencing 2nd October.