Job Title: Operational Lead
Contract: Full Time Permanent
Accountable to: Group Director of Arcon
Management Responsibility: Yes Head of Property Services
General Purpose of Role
· To assist the Group Director of Arcon in developing and leading Arcon’s housing and customer services and Property services functions.
· To lead the development, implementation, monitoring and review of operational strategies and policies, ensuring they are aligned with the organisation’s aims and values.
· To lead the development of outcome focused performance targets and measures, ensuring they are aligned with the organisations aims and values.
· To ensure that the operational services of Arcon are running effectively and brief the Group Director of Arcon proactively on any potential issues or opportunities.
· To participate and contribute effectively to the Executive Management Team over the direction and management of the organisation, ensuring Arcon adheres to all relevant codes and regulatory standards.
· To assist the Group Director of Arcon in providing strategic advice and guidance to the Board, Committees and the Arcon Senior Managers, to ensure Arcon meets mission and vision objectives in relation to meeting housing needs.
Objectives of Post
· Lead and develop key strategies, engaging with Bolton at home colleagues and external support where relevant.
· Provide leadership and direction in relation to Arcon’s assets and customers, ensuring clear policies and procedures are in place that deliver quality services and value for money.
· Be the responsible person for health and safety within Arcon.
· Facilitate partnership working, working with external consultants where appropriate, in relation to maintaining our stock and services to our customers.
· Work with the Arcon Senior Managers to assist the Group Director of Arcon to set the overall budget and business plan to be agreed by Board.
· Control costs across all Operations team budgets and regularly report to the Group Director of Arcon .
Further develop Arcon’s Asset Management Strategy to address current and emerging requirements, to include, but not exclusively:
Health and safety
Component replacement and improvements
· Implement monitoring processes that ensure timetables and budgets are met in line with the business plan, especially in relation to value for money and efficiency expectations.
Housing Management & Customer Services,
· Provide strategic direction to Arcon Managers and staff to deliver agreed services in line with business plan requirements.
· Implement monitoring systems to ensure Arcon Managers deliver objectives and targets in line with business plan requirements
Support Arcon Managers to engage in a culture of continuous improvement.
· Ensure Arcon Senior Managers produce reports (including to Board) that are timely and enable quality decision making with the association.
· Oversee policy and service review schedule and deliver through Arcon Senior Management Team.
Leadership and staff management
· Be a proactive member of the Arcon Senior Management Team and challenge other members where appropriate
· Attend and report to the Board and any committees as required by the Group Director of Arcon.
· Manage and support Arcon Senior Managers
· Manage and support Arcon Senior Managers
· Lead by example – show what great looks like
· Comply with information requirements of statutory and other bodies, as required by the Group Director of Arcon.
· Produce reports for Board meetings, as required by the Group Director of Arcon.
· Represent Arcon to other agencies, as required by Group Director of Arcon.
· Implement Arcon’s equality, diversity, and inclusion policies in all relevant parts of the work of the post.
· Interact with clients, co-workers, and management in a positive, supportive, and co-operative way.
· Any other duties required by the Group Director of Arcon.
Qualifications, experience and knowledge
· A relevant housing or asset management, or other related qualification or equivalent experience.
· Evidence of continuing professional development.
· Experienced senior executive with strong strategic knowledge and operational delivery.
· Experience of change management programmes and a record of successful delivery of change both in processes and in technology.
· Demonstrable experience of having successfully managed, motivated, and developed teams at a senior position
· Substantial experience of servicing a Board or subcommittee.
· Strategy and policy formulation.
· Experience of relationship and stakeholder management both internally and externally with tenants, local communities, partner organisations, MP’s and community leaders, as well as staff, Board members and consultants.
Behaviours & Skills
· Commercial awareness and good financial and budget management skills.
· A strong analytical thinker, capable of sound decision-making, and able to understand wider business issues.
· Excellent interpersonal skills with a clear, concise and relevant communication style, including excellent presentational skills.
· Ability to think strategically and plan ahead.
· Effective people skills with the ability to empower, enable, motivate and develop constructive relationships.
· A natural influencer and proven negotiator.
· Well organised, with excellent problem-solving skills.
· Commitment and support for Arcon’s aims objectives, mission, and values.
· Commitment to equality, diversity, and inclusion.
· A positive role model as a leader in the organisation.
Reference ID: OPLEAD21
Application deadline: 28/01/2022