- Reference: HAAUG21
- Application closing date: 10 Aug 2021 09:00
- Job Type: 12 Months
- Expression of interest: N/A
General Purpose of Role
To assist the Housing team in the management of the Association's properties and to provide support and advice to tenants consistent with the Association’s policies, objectives and procedures.
- Assist in the management of rent arrears, following the arrears policy to take the appropriate action
- Assess financial circumstances, agree payment methods and frequency to ensure that accounts are always in credit.
- Signpost or make referrals for debt/money advice services where appropriate.
- Assist in the management of low-level antisocial behaviour (ASB) cases and environmental issues.
- Safeguarding – Identify and ensure any cases are reported in the correct manner.
- Identify & refer tenants in need to external tenancy support services.
- General tenancy management.
Allocations, Lettings & Void Management
- Shortlist and identify eligible applicants for properties. Complete affordability assessments and Right to Rent Checks where necessary.
- Assist in completing accompanied viewings of void/new properties.
- Complete all the necessary sign-up documentation.
- Assist with the management of the decant process and liaise with surveyors to ensure completion within agreed target.
- Assisting the organisation in difficult access cases.
Community Involvement & Social Inclusion
- Support the Housing Team with Community Investment events and activity.
- Signposting tenants to local organisations to minimise social inclusion
- General housing related administration
- Assist in the administration of housing KPI data
- Suggesting areas for improvement within the Housing Team
- Providing ad hoc cover on the Customer Hub, when required
Qualifications, Experience and Knowledge
- Educated to A level/NVQ level 3 or equivalent
- Minimum of at least 1 years’ experience of delivering a customer focused service (preferably in the social housing sector)
- Experience of using IT packages including Microsoft Office
- Ability to work in a performance monitored environment
Behaviours & Skills
- Full driving Licence and use of a car for business
- Excellent administrative skills
- Good attention to detail and excellent organisation skills
- Flexible, resilient and responsive to change, can adapt to unexpected demands in the workplace
- Takes ownership of any issues or problems and uses initiative to provide appropriate solutions
- Works to maintain high standards, anticipates and responds to the needs of customers and delivers a high- quality service
- Establishes and maintains positive working relationships with internal and external customers, treating all with respect to maintain the Group’s reputation
- Excellent verbal, written communication and interpersonal skills
- Understands ethical behaviour and business practices and ensures own behaviour and that of others are
consistent with these standards and are aligned with the Group’s guiding principles and beliefs.
- Employment Type: Full Time
- Hours: 35 Hours/Week
- Pay: £27,000 Annually