- Reference: FAAUG21
- Application closing date: 12 Aug 2021 23:55
- Job Type: 12 Months
- Expression of interest: N/A
General Purpose of Role
We are looking for a finance assistant to support our Finance Team. The responsibilities of a finance assistant include processing our day-to-day transactions, updating financial records, and managing invoices.
Administer and maintain the Purchase ledger
- Process all invoices and credit notes in a timely and accurate manner and assist with weekly BACS and cheque payments to ensure suppliers are paid within terms. Assist in raising one off BACS/cheque payments as required.
- Resolving purchasing/payment queries/disputes.
Provide support for the Finance department
- Support the Management Accountant and Finance team with their day-to-day tasks.
- Provide administrative support during budget and accounts preparation.
- Collecting and reviewing data for reports.
- Reporting discrepancies.
- Undertake ad hoc finance duties that are relevant to the finance assistant role.
- Responsible for setting up new supplier accounts and maintaining existing supplier account details in accordance with Arcon policies and procedures.
- Reconcile monthly supplier statements to ensure all entity liabilities are appropriately accounted for.
- Produce and issue monthly reports to monitor the progress of invoices from receipt to authorisation to ensure invoices are approved by budget holders in a timely manner.
- Report monthly on debit balances and take any action as necessary to ensure either the expenditure is accounted for or credit balances are recovered at the earliest opportunity.
Developing the Service
- Identify opportunities to make improvements and continually develop to ensure the delivery of an effective and efficient finance service.
Establishes and maintains positive working relationships with internal and external customers, treating all with respect to maintain the Group's reputation
Qualifications, experience, and knowledge
- 5 GCSEs at grades 9 to 4 (A* to C}, to include English and Mathematics
- Have excellent numeracy and accuracy skills, and great attention to detail
- Basic Excel skills
- Takes ownership of any issues or problems and uses initiative to provide appropriate solutions
- Ability to prioritise own workload ensuring all objectives are met within appropriate deadlines
- Excellent verbal, written communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills
- Able to assess situations to determine the importance, urgency, and d risk, and make clear decisions which are timely and in the best interests of the Group
- Works to maintain high standards, anticipates and responds to the needs of customers to deliver a high-quality finance service
- Understands ethical behaviour and business practices and ensures own behaviour and that of others are consistent with these standards and are aligned with the Group's guiding principles and beliefs
- Employment Type: Full Time
- Pay: £20,000 Annually