Advice about debt:
Below is a list of organisations who can help provide you with debt advice.
- StepChange Debt Charity Tel: 0800 138 1111
- If you are seeking help with your debts, make sure you don’t have to pay for it. Charities such as the Consumer Credit Counselling Service can provide you with all the services, help and support you need to be debt free without costing you a penny. To get started, use their online assessment tool, Debt Remedy, which will give you personalised budgeting and free debt advice specific to your situation.
- Citizens Advice Tel: 03444 111 444
- The Citizens Advice service helps people resolve their legal, money and other problems by providing free information and advice.
- ABCUL Credit Unions Tel: 0161 832 3694
- The home site of the Association of British Credit Unions Ltd, the main trade association for credit unions.
- National Debtline Tel: 0808 808 4000
- The helpline that provides free confidential and independent advice on how to deal with debt problems.
- Turn2us helps people access the money available to them—through welfare benefits, grants and other financial help.
- Age UK Tel: 0800 169 65 65
- Promoting the well-being of all older people and to help make later life a fulfilling and enjoyable experience.
- Community Legal Advice Tel: 0845 3454 345
- Free, confidential and independent legal advice from the Legal Services Commission.
- The Money Charity
- The Money Charity is a national money education charity offering a range of resources, tools and training to help everybody handle their money well.