Arcon Housing Association Limited


  1. Home
  2. Tenants
  3. Complaints & Compliments
  4. Complaints


Stage 1 – Complaint to Director

If you are not satisfied with the service provided by Arcon or with a housing allocation decision, you should write, email or telephone and ask to speak to a member of staff or director of the department providing the service, and advise them that you wish to register a complaint.

You can also download our Complaints and Appeals Form. Please print it out and fill in the details before returning it to Arcon Housing Association Ltd, 12 Lloyd Street, Manchester, M2 5ND

Alternatively you can fill in a complaints form online.

Details of your complaint will then be logged and investigated. You will be kept informed of progress and will be advised in writing of the action taken within 10 working days of receipt of your complaint.

Stage 2 – Appeal to Chief Executive

If you are still dissatisfied you should contact the Chief Executive and advise him that you wish to proceed further with your complaint. The Chief Executive will ask for a report to be prepared and will keep you informed of progress. You will receive a full reply to your complaint within 15 working days.

Stage 3 – Final Appeal to a Complaints Panel

If the earlier steps have failed to give satisfaction, then an appeal may be made to a complaints panel made up of Board members.

If you wish to take this action you should write to the Chief Executive within 4 weeks of receiving his reply (Stage 2) asking for a Panel Hearing be arranged. You will be notified of the date of the hearing within 10 working days. You will be entitled to put your case in writing and to be present at the Panel Hearing. You can ask another person to accompany you.

The Chairman of the Panel will tell you of the Panel’s decision within 10 working days after the Hearing. The decision of the Panel is binding on the Association.

Stage 4 – Designated Person

If you are dissatisfied with the Panel’s decision you can refer to a “designated person” who will try to resolve your complaint. A designated person is a local councillor, Member of Parliament or a tenant panel which is recognised by Arcon to deal with complaints. Alternatively you can wait 8 weeks from the end of stage 3 to go on to stage 5.

Stage 5 – Independent Housing Ombudsman Service (IHOS)

If the designated person is unable to satisfy, you can apply to the Independent Housing Ombudsman and ask for an independent investigation. The IHOS will only investigate a complaint once Arcon’s own complaints procedure has been exhausted.