Applying for a home
Applicants must be in employment.
We do not consider:
- applicants under 18;
- applicants, who due to their current immigration status are not eligible to hold an “assured periodic tenancy”;
- applicants who cannot provide two satisfactory references and the necessary documentation to support their application;
- former Arcon, Council and other Housing Association tenants who have:
- left a property with a housing related debt (rent arrears, court costs, rechargeable repairs, service charge arrears) and made no agreement to pay these arrears;
- been evicted from a former tenancy;
- abandoned a property;
- been subject to legal action for issues other than rent arrears (eg anti-social behaviour); or
- have threatened or been violent towards an Arcon staff member or the staff of a previous landlord;
- applicants with an unspent conviction for a community offence or who are the subject of a civil restraining order; or
- anyone who is intending to live with somebody who falls into the above categories.
What if my circumstances change?
You must notify Arcon immediately of any change to your circumstances which may be relevant to your application.
Download the following forms to apply for an Arcon home. You need Adobe Reader to view them.