Application Form Help
How to fill in the application form online
You can use this online Housing Application form to apply for all Arcon Housing Association properties with the exception of those let through Manchester Move (Crumpsall, Gorton, Levenshulme, Longsight, Whalley Range).
Once you have sent us your completed application you will be entered onto our waiting list for your chosen areas. The length of the lists vary by area. You will receive an email or letter informing you of your position on the list. If we are unable to offer you a vacancy within 6 months we will contact you by text or letter asking you to confirm that you still want to move and remain on our waiting list. If you do not respond we will remove your application from the waiting list.
Enclosed in your application pack is:
- Application checklist
- Application form
- Landlord reference
- Non-landlord references
- Additional medical form
The purpose of the checklist is to ensure that your application is complete and that you have sent all of the necessary documents. Please do not tick the reference box if they are being sent separately.
Application for Housing
Section 1 – Your details (Page 1)
- This section is for the main applicant and joint applicant only.
- A joint applicant is someone who is equally responsible for paying the rent, eg. a spouse or partner.
- Children’s details should not be entered on this page.
- If you do not wish to be contacted at your address, please explain why in Section 4 and provide us with safe contact details.
- Your nationality is stated in your passport, eg. British Citizen.
- Choose your ethnicity from the list below. You can write the number rather than the full description.
Key Ethnic origin 1 White British 2 White Irish 3 White Other 4 Mixed-White & Black Caribbean 5 Mixed-White & Black African 6 Mixed-White & Asian 7 Mixed-Other 8 Asian Indian 9 Asian Pakistani 10 Asian Bangladeshi 11 Asian Other 12 Black Caribbean 13 Black African 14 Black Other 15 Chinese 18 Gypsy/Romany/Irish Traveller 19 Arab 16 Other 17 Do not wish to say
- Make sure you state your National Insurance number which can be found on letters from the benefits agency, wage slips or your National Insurance card.
- It is important to provide us with a mobile telephone number as, where possible we will text you.
Section 2 - Your household (Page 2)
- Include all other members of the household who will be moving with you in the table on page 2. Include National Insurance numbers for anyone aged 16 or over. Please also describe the relationship to the main applicant eg son, daughter, partner, etc.
- You need to provide proof of child benefit for all children in the moving group. If they do not live with you permanently we cannot allocate them a bedroom. We may allocate an additional room if we are happy you can afford it. We will not allocate a house to a household without children living there permanently.
Household Size Property Size Single Person Studio (1 bed) Couple (no children) 1 bed flat 2 adults not living as a couple (we do not allocate houses to couples without children) 2 bed flat 1 or 2 adults + 1 child 2 bed house /flat 1 or 2 adults + 2 children (same sex under the age of 16 years) 2 bed house /flat 1 or 2 adults + 2 children (different sex and both under 10 years) 2 bed house/flat 1 or 2 adults + 2 children (different sex, eldest is over 10 years) 3 bed house 1 or 2 adults + 3 children 3 bed house 1 or 2 adults + 4 children 3 bed house 1 or 2 adults + 4 children (3 of one sex and a child of different sex is over 10 years) 4 bed house
- If you only have weekend access to children we may offer you an additional bedroom. We will only do this if we are happy you can afford the extra bedroom.
- If you have stated that any member of the household is pregnant please send their Maternity Certificate (form MAT B1).
Section 3 – Where do you want to live (Page 2)
- Please refer to the Property List. Write the names of up to 3 properties eg. Fir Court or Avondale Court or Carrigart and not areas eg. Macclesfield or Rochdale or Prestwich.
- Do NOT use this form for any of the following areas:
- Crumpsall (Beech Court, Alder Court)
- Levenshulme (Park House, Chestnut Court, St Marys Court, Winterley House and houses)
- Longsight (Laindon Rd) and
- Whalley Range (Sycamore Court and Oak Court).
- Our Blackley development has a number of bedsits. Please tick this box only if you wish to live in Blackley.
Section 4 – Why do you want to move (Page 3)
- You must provide proof of all situations if they are marked with a star (*).
- See examples below of accepted evidence:
- Homeless – letter from Local Authority stating that you have been accepted as being statutory homeless.
- Potentially homeless – if you are in a rented property you must send the notice that you been given to leave. If your property has sold or been repossessed please send a solicitors letter. If your home is attached to your job which is coming to an end please send evidence of this.
- Harassment – police reports or copies of any injunction obtained.
- Neighbour problems – evidence of any complaints made to your landlord or the local authority.
- Domestic violence – evidence from police or Women’s Aid.
- Overcrowding / Under occupying - make sure that you have fully completed both sections 2 & 5 of the application form so that we can calculate overcrowding. This will be confirmed at your home visit prior to any offer of a property.
- Poor Property Conditions – please give details at the bottom of page 4 in the Does your home have any serious problems box and include any photos or reports to the Environmental Health Department.
- Relationship breakdown - please give details as to why you need to leave your current home.
- Health / Medical – you must complete the additional medical form for any member of the household who has an applicable medical condition. with full details and evidence from your doctor / consultant / occupational therapist such a letter explaining how your medical condition is affected by your housing situation.
- Need to give or receive care or support for medical needs – written proof is required.
- Need to be nearer work – job offer letter or contract of employment.
- Family living apart – proof of address for all household members.
Section 5 – Where do you live now (Page 3)
- Only tick one box which best describes your current home.
- (On page 4) List all the people living with you now who are not moving with you in this table. This is important for calculating over-crowding.
- If your home has any serious problems such as repair issues please describe them in the box and provide photos or reports to support this.
Section 6 – Where have you lived (Page 4)
- If joint applicants who live apart are applying to live together please tell us to which applicant the address relates.
Section 7 – What is your household income (Page 4)
- Please use weekly amounts for all incomes.
- If income is listed under ‘Other’ please give a description such as ‘child benefit’.
- Arcon will not rehouse households with earnings of more than £50,000 a year.
- If you own a property please provide evidence of the amount of any mortgage you may owe i.e. a mortgage statement. If it is on the market please send proof of this ie. estate agent sales particulars or valuation letter from surveyor. If this property is jointly owned please provide proof ie. solicitor letter.
- Arcon will not rehouse households with more that £75,000 in savings and/or equity. We will give the lowest priority to households with savings and/or equity of more than £50,000 and less than £75,000, regardless of the severity of housing circumstances.
- Tell us if you have a bank account. If you do not have a bank account we will help you get a basic bank account if you are rehoused by Arcon.
Section 8 – How did you find out about us (Page 4)
- Please tick just one box to tell us how you found out about
Section 10 – Statement (Page 5)
- Your form will not be accepted until you tick the box to confirm the statement.
- This form can be completed by either your current landlord or former landlord within 3 years.
- This form MUST be completed your landlord and not the applicant.
- The landlord reference form can be returned with the application form or directly to Arcon from the landlord in the post or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Details in the reference will be verified by Arcon contacting the landlord.
Non landlord Reference
- See the back of reference form for a list of suggested referees.
- The reference form can be returned with the application form or directly to Arcon from the referee in the post or by email to email@example.com.
- Details in the reference will be verified by Arcon contacting the referee.
Additional Medical Form
- You must fill this form in if you have ticked Health/Medical on Section 4 of the application form.
- Make sure you complete the applicant details at the top of the form.
- List any member of the household including children with a medical condition or disability that is affected by their housing situation.
- Make sure you state how your current housing makes it worse.
- Make sure you provide documentation to support any medical conditions you describe.
How to return your application form
- Your application if filled in online will automatically be with us. If you have a paper form then please send your application to:
Arcon Housing Association Ltd