Board & Committee Members
- Chris Neill (Chair) — joined 2014
- Chris has spent his career working in the property industry and was formerly Head of North West Residential Development at Knight Frank. In 2005 Chris set up his own business and established companies that provide niche serviced offices and residential estate management.
- David Carmichael - joined 2011
- David is a partner at the law firm Fieldfisher and specialises in employment law as well as having extensive experience of dealing with many different types of businesses and charities. David is also the Chair of the trustees of the Gaddum Centre which is a Manchester based charity that provides a range of quality health and social care services. David also serves as Chair of Arcon’s Remuneration Committee.
- Janis Wong - joined 2012
- Janis has over 25 years of experience in the housing sector both as a Board member and as the former Chief Executive of Tung Sing. Janis has been involved in a variety of development and regeneration schemes and has a proven track record of working with staff and tenants to enhance and improve service provision.
- David Broadbent - joined 2014
- David is a widely experienced director and manager of house building and development companies. David was regional Chairman of Persimmon Homes and now works as a consultant specializing in framework agreements, development and refurbishment projects.
- Amanda Crawley - joined 2015
- Amanda has been a tenant, on our Blackley estate, since 1991. She is actively involved in the local Homewatch Scheme and has helped organise social events, on the estate.
- Paul Shannon - joined 2014
- Paul was for 12 years a Manchester City Councillor in Rusholme Ward and led Greater Manchester’s Fire and Rescue Authority. He is involved in numerous community initiatives and was a Board Member of Mosscare Housing Group for 9 years. Paul works in professional registration and also serves as Chair of the Audit and Risk Management Committee.
- Elizabeth Stafford - joined 2012
- Elizabeth works as an investment management accountant with Eastlands Homes and is a member of the Audit and Risk Management Committee. Elizabeth qualified as a chartered accountant with Grant Thornton and has a wide experience of auditing in the social housing, education and local government sectors.
Arcon’s Board and Committee members receive remuneration in respect of the services they provide. In 2015/2016, the total remuneration paid was £14,000. Individually members received the following payments: