Values & Objectives
Arcon’s Corporate Plan
Arcon Housing Association’s Board of Management has recently approved a new five year Corporate Plan (2016-2021) with the dual aims of modernising our organisation and seeking new ways to grow and diversify our activities, during a time of great uncertainty.
Our Board wishes Arcon to remain an independent organisation and sees the approach outlined, in the new plan, as the best way for Arcon to remain able to deliver high quality, value for money services whilst maximising its contribution in meeting the wide range of housing needs that exist across the North West region. Read our new Corporate Plan, in full (powerpoint file)
New Vision statement
‘To create a new dynamic, highly distinctive and independent regional housing group, that provides a variety of high quality services and offers different tenures to suit individual needs and aspirations’.
Mission (our core purpose)
- To improve the quality of life for our customers.
- To protect and maintain an affordable housing offer.
- To develop a range of housing choices and personalised services.
- To be a recognised and progressive regionally based organisation.
- To acquire and develop a diverse range of activities.
Guiding Principles and beliefs
These underpin everything we do and the way we work. They are:
- Passion: We are passionate about the needs of the residents and the work we do.
- Ownership: We take personal responsibility even when the task at hand is not ours, show the right attitude and approach.
- Courage: We have the courage of our conviction, challenge appropriately in a non aggressive manner.
- Enjoyment: We are optimistic and encouraging with a “can do” attitude.
- Respect: We treat everyone as individuals; actively listen, respecting other people’s views and ideas.
We believe in:
- Putting the needs of our customers first.
- Defending and sustaining our affordable homes.
- Keeping it real, knowing our customers and places.
- Delivering services we are proud of within available resources.
- Delivering dynamic and innovative approaches fit for the 21st century.
- Valuing our independence and building on our successes.
- Working with partners who will add “value” to our business.
- Investing in our people to be the best they can be.
- Encouraging a strong work ethic, recognising and rewarding excellent performance.
- Understanding that there will be occasions where we will have to say “no”.