Arcon Community Fund
We are currently not open to further bids for funds whilst we assess applications received to date.
The Arcon Community Fund has been launched to support projects and activities in the local areas where we have properties. Applications are welcomed from Arcon customers and local community organisations. The projects that we will support must be of benefit to the local community and the beneficiary must agree to keep us regularly informed as to how the project is progressing, and help with any publicity to promote the Community Fund.
Community Fund Guidelines
Applications for a grant from the Arcon Community fund should meet at least one of the following criteria:
- Directly benefit Arcon customers.
- Benefit the local community where Arcon has properties.
- Increase opportunities for volunteering.
- Support people back into work or to set up their own business.
- Provide training to improve skills, improve access to jobs or work placements.
- Promote financial inclusion or give advice on managing money.
- Promote healthy living or changes in lifestyles.
- Support existing groups working in the area.
- Support local schools or colleges.
- One off support for local events, festivals, projects.
Who can apply?
Arcon recognises the rich diversity of people that either live in our properties or are members of the local communities where we have homes. We welcome applications from all members of the community. We would expect applications to be received from the following:
- Arcon customers.
- Tenant groups (not Arcon customers).
- Local community groups.
- Local charities.
- Schools or other educational organisations.
- Social interest or community interest groups.
- Companies limited by guarantee.
- Registered social enterprise/Community Interest Companies.
What will not be eligible for funding?
We will not consider funding for the following activities:
- Any dangerous activities.
- Overseas travel or overseas aid.
- Organisations with a principal focus on political or religious activities.
- Organisations engaged in redistributing funds.
- Profit making activities or groups.
- Retrospective funding.
- Projects outside of our areas of operation.
How will we make a decision on applications?
To apply for a Community Fund grant, you must complete the application form and return it to Arcon. You will need to explain how your project meets the Community Fund guidelines and how it will be of benefit to the local community.
The Housing Director will review your application, and if it meets our eligibility criteria, it will be considered by our Community Fund panel which meets every three months. They will decide which applications to support, and will award a grant ranging from £100 up to a maximum of £3,000. Successful applicants are only eligible for one grant in any 12 month period. The panel’s decision on grant applications is final.